Monday, January 3, 2011

Joyeux Anniversaire :)

There's so much to update! I'm sorry it took so long; I haven't had a free moment since before Christmas!

I had my birthday party the Sunday after school let out. Julianna, an American who lives in Nice, took the train to Marseille Saturday afternoon, and she, Emma and I did some birthday shopping in town. The next day, I prepared for la grande fête! Nicole got the most amazing food for the party. We had fois gras (a French specialty), different little appetizers made up of different types of caviars (which is surprisingly delicious), many different choices of exotic fruits, and Marseillais pizza (the best pizza in France). It was an enjoyable soirée with great food, great friends, some dancing, and lots of laughs! Emma and Julianna surprised me with an absolutely amazing cake that they had made without me knowing! I was completely shocked owing to the fact that they led me to believe that they had downright forgotten to buy the cake, the one thing that I had asked them to do. Little did I know, they had spent the whole morning creating this masterpiece!
My beautiful birthday cake
After cake, as tradition dictates, presents were opened! Along with some really beautiful handmade jewelry, jewelry from Swarovski and Snö of Sweden, some clothing and books, and some Michael Jackson music, I got a GIANT photograph of Paris! I have absolutely no clue how I'm going to get it home, but it's hanging in my room now and every time I see it I smile! Thanks everyone!
The Paris Masterpiece
Julianna decided to fill everyone in on the American tradition of birthday spankings. Of course, we can't stick to some traditions and forget the others, so seventeen birthday spankings were given, and an extra for luck, all of which were loudly protested by yours truly.

Les Mecs :) (Left to right: Mathis, Léo, Alexandre, Arthur)
Most of les filles :) (Left to right: Roxane, Axelle, me, Marie, Mélanie, Julianna)
Around midnight, the guys and some of the girls left, while the rest stayed for the night. It was my best birthday yet! Thank you everyone for making it great :)

No comments:

Post a Comment